It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-07

YouTube woes

Last night I shot two videos. I shot one of me rummaging around in the attic looking for the nunchucks. After finding the nunchucks in the bedroom, I shot a video of me playing with them. I survived.

There was a video sitting on my camera from lunch. I just shot a couple of the pidgins standing around. Noting to write home about. I intended to put it up as filler really.

While editing, I blew the attic video away. It was just bad.

The nunchucks video was a snap. I shot a quick intro, stuck the two together and trimmed a bit of fat off the ends. Walla, a YouTube video. The bird video was not much more difficult. Snip snip, done.

Then comes the step of uploading to YouTube. I get this sign that reads "We are in read only mode. You may upload your video if you want, but it will just error our out, forcing you to repeat your steps later, so there is not much point." I'm paraphrasing.

I waited a bit, but then went to bed. I understand the need for maintenance. YouTube must be a crazy database. They have to constantly clean things up and reindex. I'm so frigging lazy though. I mean, it takes me for ever to work up the mustard to find the nunchucks. Attache the camera to the tripod. Set up a place to shoot. Shoot. Edit. Upload. Now I have to wait a day. It just might not happen. It will. Fortunately, obsession outranks laziness.

Something else that I noticed was all the partner people I frequent were able to upload. Some appeared to upload and go live while the read only mode was enacted. They get special treatment. They make money for YouTube.

No comments: