It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-23

Yesterday's video

It is funny how proud I am of myself of putting together a video yesterday evening about basically nothing. Those are the best videos. They are just capturing every day things with a little bit of flare. The simpler the better. Just aim the camera at what is going on. They do not go viral. They do not make you millions. They document the little bit of your world.

The fact that hardly any one watches it is no matter. The video is honest. It is a tiny slice of our lives. I'm not nearly as good as many vloggers who do this sort of thing every frigging day. I don't know how they do it. I don't know how they keep it up over such a long time. One of them has 600 consecutive daily vlogs. I'm flabbergasted by that statement. It is difficult and time consuming for me to do the simple three minute video I did last night. It was a lot of fun though.

The editing skills that came in handy last night were simple things. Basic cutting was all I did to stitch things together. Planing shooting scenes out of order is more of a challenge than doing it. Blurring faces is a pain, but very doable. No text, fades, transitions or effects last night. Left those tools in the box.

When I decided to bring the boxes home, I wanted to video putting them in the car. Kind of glad I didn't. Nat and I argued about it. We were right inf front of the building at work, at lunch time, dropping seats and shoving flattened boxes in the trunk of the Corolla. It would have been a funny video.

I'm trying to come up with ideas for videos to shoot over the next week. I'm coming up blank. I'm not a creative video kind of guy. The creative video that I shot a couple weeks ago got about thirty hits. I either am or am not big on how many hits my videos get depending on what time it is. The spur of the moment stuff is OK for a lot of the time and OK for a lot of the people. I don't seem to be able to pull it off every time. There is a lot of planning to good spontaneity. Not my strong point.

No comments: