It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-31

Parenting

Elle walks up and wants to change the batteries in one of her little noise making parental torture devices. I take a quick look at it. There is a screw. Elle tels me she has never unscrewed a screw. First time for everything.

"Find a screwdriver." She found a screwdriver.

"Find a smaller screwdriver." She found a smaller screwdriver.

We got the contraption disassembled. it was a mouse thing that spoke to you. "Kill your parents." "Raid their bank accounts and send it to my African uncle."

"Find some batteries." She found some batteries.

I dropped one of the batteries right next to the two dead batteries. She thought the good battery that I dropped was one of the batteries in the pile that I did not think it was. I let her use it and discover that the toy did not work. I toy with the idea of making her try all the combinations of batteries until she gets it right. That would take effort on my part making sure she gets it right and she would loose interest before it was done. She would not learn. Baby steps Kelly.

"Elle, go get the little black flashlight off my night stand." She did. It is a single cell light that takes one AA, AAA or 123 batteries. It says Gerber on the side, but it is made by someone else. It doesn't work as a battery tester unless the batteries are completely dead. We quickly identified the dead batteries. She bolted everything back together and I was yelling at her to turn it off all within about fifteen minutes.

Good times.

No comments: