It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-12-08

Light

Ordered myself an early Christmas present. I know, bad Kelly.

Ever tried to shoot video by flashlight? I have. I need a hand held little flood style flashlight. Recently I climbed in to the attic with a head lamp trying to find nunchucks. While up there, of course, I noticed how crappy the headlamp worked for the camera. There is one bright spot in the middle that the white balance of the camera uses to adjust its settings. This leaves the surrounding glow area just dark. Useless. Most flashlights I have do this bright spot in the middle thing. That's fine for a flashlight, but I need a mini flood light.

I found one on Amazon for $10 or so. It is the right size, but I don't know if it will through enough light to shoot video by. For $10 it is worth a try. The next choice on the list was a full blown electric lantern kind of light. All the LED kind of stand alone flood lights were $60 to start. You can get a lantern kind of light designed for camping and such for about $20 or so. These probably throws as much light as the floodlights, though not as "white". They are both bulky. The one I ordered is the size of a standard hand held flashlight. The only complaints were the amount of light is not fantastic beyond a couple meters and the switch might switch itself on in your pack. My only complaint is that is it not waterproof. Hey, it it $10.

Perhaps, I can attach the light and camera in some way so I only have one thing to hold and aim at the action. Who knows.

No comments: