It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-03-19

My Life

Life has been pretty good to me. That is, God has been good to me. Or fortune. Whatever you believe in.  Things are not that bad if I'm honest. Things are boring, but stable in a way. They are unstable at the same time. I do not claim to have a roller coaster life. I don't want one. 

if I had to play a song that was my life it would be chamber music. Something on a harpsichord that no one in the room has ever heard before. There is no rock and roll in my life. That's fine. Not sure that is worth wanting. There is no metal or swing. There is little classical. There is some bluegrass and some country. I like that. Not too much.

If my life were a food it would be a roast beef sandwich with chips and a soda. The sandwich has pickles, but no jalapeños. That would be nice, to have some jalapeños.or some Tabasco. What do I know about a good roast beef sandwich?

My life could not be a TV show. There is not nearly enough adventure or drama in my life for that. The script would not make it past the first intern. I like it that way.

If I were a Dungeons and Dragons character I would be a farmer or a cow-poke. I would be honest and hard working. I would be out of the way in a boring place where the orks don't bother. I prefer it that way.

If my life were a car, it would be a small four -banger pickup. Good for some things and not so much for others, efficient. That is probably best.

If my life were a day, it would be a day where you worked, played, ate, drank only soft drinks and never really stopped to count your blessings. It would be a clear day, not really memorable as a day, only for the things that happened.

If my life were a tool, I would be a medium sized crescent wrench, the tool you reach for for all the time without realizing it, the tool that you use for medium stress tasks. There are better tools for just about everything, but that is the one you grab.

If my life were a blog entry, it would be this one.

No comments: