It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-03-02

Blog/Vlog Podcast/Vidcast

I've added so many podcasts that I'm going to have to pare them down. This is a good position to be in. I went through and removed a couple podcasts that consistently gave me errors download. I pulled a couple more that had not updated in a while. I did not go check out the web pages to find out if there was a new feed or if they had an excuse. I just dropped them.

There are a tone of fiction podcasts out there. There are a tone of geek type news podcasts as well. The MSN news podcasts tend to be recordings of shows. This is fine I guess, but they definitely do not have that personal feeling of the podcast specific recordings. Not sure how to quantify that.

A blog is written. A vlog is video. they are both ways of keeping a journal online. They tend to be personal or at least keep a personal feel. This is less and less true for blogs and probably vlogs soon as every company screams that they are missing the latest wave of grabbing eyeballs from the web.

A podcasts is audio. A vidcast is video. They are both ways of recording a show and putting the content online. These are all over the place. I tried to be part of Flanking Position which was a vidcast of sorts. The only trouble with it was the length. They insist on keeping it at around 30 minutes. I thought it should have been 8 or 10 minuets after the boring bits are cut out.

I cannot make myself do a daily or even weekly vlog. I'm not pretty or interesting.  You need one of those things to make a successful vlog. I will continue down my current path of attempting to make content that works. I haven't in over a week. I'll get back on the stick here shortly.

No comments: