It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-03-26

Banned or taxed?

The FDA is actually talking about banning indoor tanning. About frigging time if you ask me. The evidence is there that says it is just plane bad for you.  There are lots of these things that come to mind. Things that should either be banned and shoved to a black market or taxed out of prosperity.

  • Mono sodium glutamate
  • Nicotine
  • High fructose corn syrup
  • International remittances
  • Marijuana
  • 3D movies

Wait a minute, marijuana is already banned. You know, being banned was actually a boon for marijuana. The hemp promotion people called the fact that marijuana was illegal a subsidy. Now that California is seriously looking at making it a legal commodity, not only can they tax the crap out of it, but the drug cartels in Mexico will have to find some other way of making money as well. Win win.

Banning behavior is a slippery slope. We must have bans on murder, rape, assault and a huge number of things that bring direct harm between people. There are all kinds of activities that are banned that do not have direct harm, like fraud and identity theft as well that should be banned. What about riding a bicycle naked, teaching your kid to be an acrobat?

1 comment:

Peace of Mind said...

Banned! Okay- so MSG is in Campbell's Soup, Dorrito's crackers, gravy, ranch salad dressings, etc. in minimal amounts, right? Yes right. Check your labels. Now if it is safe for you to eat one portion of MSG, what happens if 5 or more of your menu ingredients contains it? Well, that's just what happened to me. I ate Campbell's Minestrone soup, along with crackers and a salad with dressing...and guess what? My heart went into severe palpitations with the inability to catch a regular heart beat for an hour. As I prepared to take myself to the emergency room...I went to read the labels of everything I ate wondering what could have caused such an attack and realized after years of experiencing these attacks that MSG was in everything I ate for lunch. And guess what? After I realized what it was, and avoided MSG, I have never experineced another attack. So...buyer beware. It may be safe to eat one portion of a little MSG, but if EVERYONE IS PUTTING IT IN YOUR FOOD IT CAN BE VERY HARMFUL!