It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-05-05

Very Local News

  • I went to touch a coffee cup to my lip this morning and it reminded me of a time when I was a little kid. I burned my lip because at some point I had learned that my lips were very good at telling temperature. I subconsciously did it with an iron to tell if it was hot. Lesson learned.
  • I tried hooking up this thing called twitpic yesterday. I'll give it a shot later today at some point. It lets you send a picture to twitter via email and comment on it. Not sure if any one will follow the links or not. Not sure if I can link from my blog. I suppose we will all learn together.
  • Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to have an issue with a machine on the network and it is nowhere to be found. People just willy-nilly move crap around and don't think anything of it. There is a system that answers a ping, but refuses to connect. I cannot find it to diagnose it or reboot. AARGH!!!
  • No podcasts today. I managed to leave all four of my memory sticks at work. Go figure. I tried to use my camera as a portable drive. When I got to work, the Linux box refused to mount the camera as a drive and only as a camera. The Windows box didn't find the podcasts folder that was on the card. I have no idea what the hell happened to my podcasts, but I bet they are in a folder under /mnt/podcasts.
  • I smelled like dirt all day because the bus stop across from our building is nearly submerged under muck. A pipe is leaking over there and smelly mud is all over the place. The entire corner worth of side walk is sinking. I can't wait until the street starts sinking. That is usually when someone finally does something about it.
  • New battery in the car. Nat says its running well. Special thinks to Bill for the loan of a battery charger and running Nat to Wal-Mart after charging didn't work. Hell of a guy.  Is four years good for a battery in a small car?

No comments: