It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-05-08

Twitter Rumors

I bet a third of people out there would be happy if Apple bought Twitter. The other two thirds weould not care. I'm a minority of one and there for insignificant. I believe that if Apple buys Twitter, they will make all future functionality depend on owning and operating an iPhone or iTunes. This would further isolate Linux users. Or perhaps further sandbox Apple users.

If I were the owners of Twitter I would sell out on a guarantee of cash and no future commitment. This is because I feel that once Apple buys the service it will turn to crap and only a bunch of apple liberals will do anything on the service. Competition will finally pop up and I'll go there. Once I move away, the service will plummet to the depths of obscurity. Well, I'll not care any more regardless.

If Twitter goes belly up, by belly up I mean gets bought by Apple and starts to suck, it might be a good thing. It might make me put more content on the blog. Lately, I've gone to a Twitter-esk format of Very Local News bullets. Not much real content that enriches any one's life. Not that I've ever had something here of that caliber anyway. There is a chance I'll trip over something worth reading one of these days.

No comments: