It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-05-19

Not Running for the Bus

I've mentioned before that I do not run to catch the bus. It is a principle of mine that I've managed to stick with. Today a bus was going by the stop long before I got there. I was content with taking my time to cross the street. I pretty much have to do so or die.

The Bus driver wanted to wait for me. I tried to signal him on, but someone else ran past me across the street. He bolted with only a glance for oncoming traffic. He was clear, and had young eyes so I'm sure he was safe. After he got on the bus the drive still wanted to wait for me. "Damn-it!" I waved my hand for him to go. I'm sure he made some hand gesture to tell me that he would wait. I cannot see that either.

I hate this situation. There is a breakdown of communication all round. I refuse to run for the bus because if I get hit by a car or trip over a stone, Metro is not going to pick up the tab. I do not want to be detracted by being in a hurry while I cross the street. The driver is not mean, he/she just doesn't understand my situation. I cant let myself get angry.

Besides, it was beautiful this morning. The dawn was bright and the brown waves of dead grass were waving in the unmowed fields. Just the right amount of breeze was blowing. Screw the bus. I want to sit at the bus stop and surf the net on my phone for twenty minutes. Smell the roses.

No comments: