It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-11-19

USB sound card

Works like a champ. It is very much worth the $2.67 + $4.95 shipping I paid for it. The sound quality is worth $2.67. It is not exceptional for that price by any means of measure. There is a bit more of a hiss than a full blown sound card. The volume is adjustable through the software, but honestly, it is jammed on loud. It is also worth $2.67.

I've tried music and news. I would call it a successful substitution for a situation where you have no sound at all. A couple of people have asked me for the link.

The configuration in Red Hat 5.2 was pretty darned easy. Plugged in the device. Waited about fifteen seconds for the USB do-hickey to recognize a new device. Ran 'sudo system-config-soundcard' and clicked 'test' Had sound ever since. I have no idea if it works in Windows. Don't really care.

No comments: