It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-11-02

Time change

More and more things are automatically changing the time when time changes every Spring and Fall. It makes life interesting. My phone, my primary time device these days, changed automatically. The computers all change automatically as far as I know.  We had a problem with very old computers that never get updated at work. They never got the change the U. S. called for a couple of years ago. Some files and some computer services blew a gasket when trying to talk to each other.

Today, I was talking to Elle about replacing the batteries in her camera when I noticed how dark it was outside. It threw me off even though i knew for a fact that the time change had happened. I really wonder why we go through the trouble of changing the time every six months or whenever. I believe the by-year change heppens still purely because we have done it for so long. It is tridition. That just isn't good enough for me. I want it to be for a real reason or not at all.

The time change doesn't really affect me except durring the cammute in to work. I get hit right in the eyes by the sun four times a year as we pass that time where the sun appears above the roof tops in the east. I head in to the east. This would happen twice a year except for the time change. Thus, it happens four times. Drag. No big deal. I can take it for the team. The whole time change thing just seems like a waste of time and effort.

No comments: