It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-11-09

Saturday Evening

So, I'm sitting at home on a Saturday evening minding my own business watching The Wire marathon style. I have my headphones on and I'm doing other things online. Thinking of Nat at Faire working and Elle with her grandpa.

Earlier I got to listen to a bunch of racers rumble up and down the street both in front of, beside and behind my home. I was surrounded. Just as I'm about to call the cops on a suspicious vehicle (35 of them). Before I got a chance, a cop ran by with the lights and sirens on. The cars start rumbling and the people start grumbling and they peal out of the parking lots to somewhere else.

Later in the evening I'm sitting in front of the computer watching more of the Wire and I notice too many sirens. I pause the show only to realize they are real sirens running around my place. Up one way then down the other. The cops are chasing people around. People are running from the cops. Cars are parked in my neighborhood down the street hiding from the cops.

Nat, we live in the hood baby.

No comments: