It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-19

Watched Hopscotch

I forgot how good a movie Hopscotch is. It was made in 1980. It was all cloak and daggers then. Now it is all bits and bites. There was something so much more romantic about the old way of spying. That is why most new movies about spying are about the good old days. That and the freedom of Information act.

It would be so nice to be this good at evading the best efforts of society to get one's aim. It would be nice to have the knowledge to get away with it. To make it look easy. To laugh a bit along the way and to get the girl. I'm a very minor cog in a machine just like every one else I know. It would be nice to be this good. I'm far too loyal to ever know. To be honest, that is the way I like it. I prefer playing games that mimic reality to reality itself. I like my games and movies interesting and my reality boring. That is just me.

No comments: