It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-22

Very Local News

  • The new kind of contact fluid works wonders. Too bad it is so frigging expensive.  I mean, it is like warring a new pare of contacts every day.
  • OPEC is about to close the spigot a notch or two to prop up the price of oil. These people are not our friends. They are our competitors and we need to start treating them like revels. We can call allies, but every one knows we are all at each other's throats.
  • The stock market plummets, gloom and doom. The stock market jumps, cushions optimism. The surprise will be a flat day.
  • The powers that be are finally take more than the cost of food in to the poverty level. They will take in to account pharmaceuticals, school, transportation, rent and goodness knows what else.  The feds may not play along. Cities and states are getting in to the act. Who knows what will come of it.
  • I have a buddy who is a prison guard here in Texas. Due to a recent incident where an unscrupulous guard obtained a cell phone for a prisoner who then threatened a state representative, there is a move on to make prison guards pat each other down on their way to work. ... I can just see my friend (Chris) having to perform this task. He will perform it professionally and with every consideration for security and privacy possible. I will giggle and point.
  • Zero tolerance for contraband ... in prison ... on death row. I guess it depends on your definition of 'zero'. It is a bit vague. If I draw a zero on something will it be tolerated?
  • Legacy Media is worried that Obama will not have enough time to spend all the money he has collected.
  • Timothy Leery died of prostate cancer and had his ashes shot in to orbit.
  • There is a to-do about McCain using come copy write protected material to prove a point.  YouTube took the video down,  but it is fair use. The story is about any threat of lawsuit causes material to be taken down. I can't blame ISPs to be honest. The story they gave was of a guy who had his own self created music on his own site having to fight an ISP to let him show it on the internet because he didn't have a lawyer to prove he owned the rights. Innocent until proven guilty does not apply to intellectual property.
  • Winter is on the way. Tonight some rain storms will come through and bring with them some cooler air. Maybe very cold air for Faire. need to get my jacket ready.
  • I am beyond sick of the election crap. Ads all over TV and the radio. Then you watch the news and they sit there and bitch about the ads and play them again. I'm sick of it. it is up to me to decide. I will make the decision five seconds before dropping the paper or clicking save or what ever the mechanism is when I get there.
  • Got Windows XP running on my work Linux box using VMware. it works pretty well. It works so well that I'm having the exact same network issues on the virtual machine that I have on my real Windows box under my desk. Way to be accurate VMware. don't worry, all this is above board. Some of our customers use VMware. We need to know how it works with our stuff before they start asking heavy questions.
  • Science Friday had a whole show illustrating how to convince skeptics that global warming really exists and that humans are at the root of it. The intro was all about "Why do people believe celebrities over scientists."  Things change. The Romans grew olive trees in England. Hey, it is almost a break from election stuff. It sounds a bit like they deliberately said "No references to the U. S. election."
  • Streptomycin, the primary drug used against Tuberculosis, was discovered like many other antibiotics in dirt.
  • Just thought I would snap this on the way through McDonalds drive through.
    light water and glass

No comments: