- Wall Street is run on Testosterone. It is the same thing as a
rutting stag that drives how the financial system works across the
world. Some say put women in charge. Then it would be blamed on PMS.
The trouble is people. Of course, putting robots or computers in charge
will lead to Skynet and an infestation of Terminators. That can't be
good for business.
- Heard someone in one of the podcasts use the word 'apocalypse' to describe the current liquidity/cash/debt crisis.
- Linux needs to figure out a way to put some kind of progress bar
on console commends. I'm thinking of copy (cp) and move (mv) in
particular. RPM and YUM kind of fake it. That would be sufficient.
- 6000 houses (residences) are foreclosed on per day at the moment.
- I used to think people in the media had it easy. They crank out a
couple of paragraphs and call it a day at 10. Well, not that bad.
Anyway. Writing this blog has taught me that coming up with something
to say every day is not easy. It is a pain in the ass. I still have no
respect for media types. "screw them." to coin a liberal phrase. I
picture corpses dangling from a bridge above a pile of Blackberries
and spilled fancy coffee.
- I expect to witness the headline "Africa declares bankruptcy." I hope to God it is from The Onion.
- I left a comment on a blog once where, the blog was talking about how much Briton is like the 51st stat of the U. S. I left a comment that as a Texan I would vote to trade Europe New York for the UK straight across. Trouble is, It is New York that is so attractive to Londoners. Europeans like New York and bits of California - the liberal parts.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Monday, October 06, 2008