It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-30

To precious to care

Sometimes things are very important to us. Some things come and go and no one cares.  Some things have false worth. I do not really need anything made of gold or diamonds. I do not need anything that regulated and made precious by someone for the sake of making something precious. I just don't.

Everything living dies. Nothing lasts. Even gold has a half life, it is just a very long time. Every molecule and atom will eventually decay in to something else. Change is the only thing guaranteed. Well, maybe not. Once you are dead, you are dead. No changing that.

Sometimes I mishandle my priorities. I take some things as precious, when I should not. I suppose every one does this. However, because I believe that all things are temporary, when I really want something to be precious, I push it away. I've done this all my life. I need to find balance. I need to understand that I can hold on to things for a while. Yes, everything changes. Everyone and living thing will eventually leave you if you do not leave them first. It is important to know this and understand that it is the time spent together that never goes away.

This comes from reading Slaughterhouse Five.

No comments: