It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-12

Proper use of horn

Before Faire

This morning was beautiful as far as the weather goes. The traffic was civil. I'm hitting the dark walk in again. During Summer I keep in the light time of the morning. As Fall comes on, I walk in the dark more and more.  It is perfectly natural. honestly, I prefer the dark because the glare is lower and people have their lights on. This makes the vehicles much easer for me to see.

This morning someone honked at me. I have to say it is the most present honk I've had in years. It was a proper use of a horn. As I approached the corner of a dark intersection, I had my head down because there is no sidewalk and the ground is rough. There is no light, so I have to concentrate. Now, I always and I mean always stop at the corner and look for people turning right before I continue across the street. I even heard a vehicle coming. I had planned to stop and look with both eyes, I just hadn't yet.

The vehicle coming up on my left  tapped their horn. I went ahead and stopped to look. It was a pickup towing a huge trailer. They were turning right and probably noticed that I was both looking down and warring earphones. They thought that if anything did happen, they would not be able maneuver their vehicle in an emergency manor and wanted to warn me of this fact.

Proper use of horn. I didn't think to shoot them a thumbs up or even smile or react in any way other than a sleep drone commute stare.  I wish I could let them know that I appreciate their effort.

No comments: