It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-12

Fair weekend 1

Friday Evening

Nat and I got in the car and headed north on the beltway to Fair on Friday evening. We pulled in. Nat had run up to the camp grounds earlier to drop off some stuff and start setting up. I really don't think she got anything done that she couldn't have done after I got off work. It worries me that she insisted on running up there and spending the gas.

We pulled in to camp, parked and unloaded. I remember schmoozing for a bit, have ing a drink or two and meeting some people who I am supposed to know, but have no clue who they are. I knew some people would not bee there and was sad, but happy for those who did make it out.

The tents go up like popcorn. I had my Friday night walk. I go around the back all the way against the back of the big camping area. There are four if memory serves. There is a new road this year that lets people cross a ditch to get to the back forty. Some folks got stuck last year. Or was it the year before? The new road almost threw me off.

I got to bed. That is, I listened to several people talk for a long time while I dropped off. That is fun in a way. People know you are there, but don't seem to care. We camped in Tony and Diz's tent. Thanks by the way.

Friday night brought hotdogs and chicken off the grill. This year, the contribute or go hungry rule is being enforced more vigorously. It is about time. Heath and Nicki Have been footing far too much of the burden.

Saturday

Got u up in a good mood. Didn't have breakfast until late. I got in a bad mood. I think it was something as simple as Nat asking me to carry her keys. That was just a little too much responsibility for me at that moment.

We went in to Faire and walked the place like four times. Nat stopped by her old employer and found that she may work again this year. We shall see. We went to Sherwood. Nat hadn't been there in a while. I had an apple turnover with ice cream. Man, that hit the spot. Nat's Mom's work is not accessible like it used to be. I wonder if that was by design. I'm sure it was. I'm glad if it was.

I ended up tuckering out early and heading back to camp for a nap in the heat. I don't remember when. I wasn't the only one. Scary how old the camp is getting.

I took a bunch of pictures Saturday evening. They all sucked. The eat if you contributed rule was enforced with a higher volume Saturday night. Nat parked on the stack of coolers in front of the pit. More people than I have ever seen showed up at the fire for a drum circle. Some girl danced in her underwear with a flaming hullo-hoop. That was a new one.

I tried to go to bed, but the group was sitting on our bed. The moment I fessed up that I wanted to go to bed they moved and let me. Again, I lay there and listened.

Sunday

This morning (Sunday), we all awoke to some prick revving his engine and racing down the road in front of all the tents. It was the only sound. The cops seem to know this guy. We got breakfast and decided  not to go in. We took nearly the entire morning packing up and shooting the shit with friends. The camp ground cleared out except for people staying until Monday morning. There were more than the normal amount of people staying to Monday because of Columbus day. What a frigging stupid holiday. We need one day for all famous people.

Now

We got home, emptied the car. ... Oh, Here we are. I'm passing on putting the pictures on the net tonight. I worked on them for a while and ran out of gas. I need to look at my Twitter and email notes that I sent myself to blog more later.

No comments: