It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-09-27

Me so far

If I wrote an autobiography right now I would title it "Dragging Ass". I've always considered myself well accomplished just because I've hit average while being legally blind. I think that bar is not high enough.

There is an infinite amount of crap to know in the universe. I can't even learn everything about my TV. Any one who argues that the amount of information in the universe is finite has not read or tried to write a couple of sentences about quantum.

I hate loosing. I love winning, but not as much as I hate loosing. God is good to me. God has interviewed in my life many times. The reason for this is because I've asked. One of these days I'm going to jot down a few examples of God's intervention. There are just too many. That might make for interesting reading.

Have you ever noticed the kid at the field who screws up, but every one roots him on? People put no faith in him, but they want him to win. People teach him because he wants to learn. People help him because he asks. More often than not, he fails, but there he is. Well, if you take away the sports part of the analogy, That's me.

I depend greatly on the kindness of my family and friends. I have made a living out of nepotism and leg-ups from close friends. What have I done on my own? What dent will I have made when I'm gone? Does it matter. Am I an NPC? Sometimes I think so. I'm not to worried about it to be honest.

This blog fills part of that need to leave something. No one is ever going to read this thing after I'm gone. It is just some evidence that I' was here. It satisfies my need to rant and to teach.

I'm trying to think of something to say about Elle. I love that little girl. She is beautiful, smart, tricky. She will be just fine I think with out without my help. When she does something that upsets me I've cough myself stopping and thinking "What do I want her to learn from this?" Where did that come from? Whatever Elle becomes is her doing. I'm just the line on the road. I do enjoy parenthood.

Will I invent something revolutionary? Will I write something world shattering? Probably not. Will I live the rest of my days worrying about it? No.

It seems like a bunch of prominent people were wait staff at some point. I suppose a good lesson from that is to keep trying. But I've not started trying to be prominent. I don't want to be prominent. I have shrived for normal. Missed it by a bit. I'm not far off though.

I did make a new year's resolution to give up sex for a year. I kept it too. That has got to be a record.

No comments: