It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-12-15

No Christmas
I'm not doing Christmas this year. Forget it. It is too much of a pain in the ass. I was going over to my parent's house and doing it, but I'm just not going to. I give up.

New Year's Resolution
Well, so far so good. I must be the only person in history to have kept a new year's resolution and didn't even want to. It seems like yesterday that I wrote the words in the blog entry. I can't tell you why I did it. Between depression and pessimism I wrote a tongue in cheek promise. Now that it is nearly one full year later, I don't feel one way or the other about it. I don't believe in jinxing yourself by saying something. I do believe you can affect your own attitude greatly by what you say. I have not been on a real date all year. I've not gone out and made myself available very much. At some point, I think I stopped caring. I'll have to remember when I'm on my deathbed, at <cough>123 years old, that I stopped making the effort at 35.
So, what should my next years resolution be? I seem to have good luck making them work. How about typing slower and making less mistakes. How about reading more, take a vacation, get proper amounts of sleep, or eat properly. I might be able to pull one of those off as well as I did this year's resolution.

Today
It is a beautiful day outside. It is ice cold, the coldest day of the year. I feel pretty good. Some one at my day job was complaining about having to buy several bereavement cards lately. Praise God, I haven't needed one in a while.
I have oatmeal raisin cookie doe sitting on my desk. I bought it from one of the parents at work who's kid needs money for school that my taxes won't cover. It was over priced. I may leave it in the freezer until I forget how old it is and throw it out.
The music on Radio Paradise is good. They do a good job.
I felt depressed at work. I cannot explain why. Between other's happiness and my lack of drive, I just fell apart.
It seems like I have to fix everything before it will just work lately. Some things are supposed to work properly out of the box. Not for Kelly.It's one of those days.

No comments: