It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-11

Written Friday 2007-08-10

Lunch Conversation

Nat came up to work for lunch.
  • Restaurants from home towns. They were all chains that just weren't here in Houston.
  • Comics books and action figure or doll preference as a child.
  • Even being full may not satisfy the psychological need for a particular type of food. Sometimes even a good food will not satisfy if it wasn't what you were hungry for in the first place.
  • I had to ask Shawn, a guy I work with, his name. I just couldn't remember it. This lead to a discussion from Nat how horrible I am at names.
  • How we named Merlin, our cat. Oh, and his story.
  • The Spoons came up along with a couple of other band names.

Lottery

What does the do for us? Where does the money go? Who pays it?

I think the lottery in just about any form is a tax on stupidity. I didn't come up with that. I heard someone else say it a million years ago. I've played the Texas Lottery. I needed something to hope for at the time. I've never won so much as a dollar. I've gotten $10 or so from scratch off tickets, but I'm sure more money has gone out than come in. I've not bought scratch off tickets, but people around me do occasionally.

Mark Twain I believe was the one who said "The fastest way to double your money is to fold it in half and stick it back in your pocket." I like that one. I need to live my life by it.

No comments: