Very Local News
- I had to change the batteries in my $5 radio. It is the first
time since I got it for my birthday. That rocks. I've even left it on
over night a couple of times. This is probably the last analog radio
I'll ever own.
- Some folks have started bowling once a week at work. It is kind of cool because I can bowl, kind of. I'm bad at it, but the odds of me killing any one is low. I was on some kind of league in high school. I sucked then. I'm not any better now. I think my highest game in history was 180 or so. I average around 90. I used to have my own ball. Nat likes bowling. She has her own ball. That might be a fun family activity.
- It is nearly the end of the month. We are going to make up a full budget and go over the last couple of months expenses with a fine tooth comb. If we have no money to blow so be it. Nat and I need to stay on top of things better.
- I ordered new glasses. They are progressive bifocals so they will take a couple of weeks. They are thicker wire frames. The frames are black. I nearly got some Blues Brothers glasses, but decided against it. I'm tired of shuffling glasses while working. I still have contacts for Faire and the like.
- I went over to Adam's place for lunch today. We noticed too late that the sour cream we were using on our homemade tacos was ... something beyond sour cream. The rest of the day jokes flew about side effects of eating mature dairy products.
- The power flickered a couple times at work today. Just after lunch the sky turned dark. The lightning was intense. The rain was thick. The drone of the machines almost drown out the rain until it lapped against the windows at the whim of the wind. There was a toad in the lobby of our building that caught the eyes passers by.