It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-20

Homeless folks where I live

I walked past a homeless guy on the way to the bus stop this morning. He was sitting on the side of the road. I'm not 100% sure he was homeless. Just a feeling. A few months ago, a woman sat at the end of our sidewalk for a while. She looked like she was under a lot of stress. I believe she was waiting for a ride. She was gone when I looked out the window later. There is a guy who walks up the same strip I walk up who gathers aluminum in a bag. I feel bad. I feel like a jerk not giving them something. I wish I could help. I'm broke. It is all I can do to keep the roof over my family's head. I would love to hear some of their stories. Then again, I may not like it.

I suppose the homeless people hang out near my home for the same reason the racers and Smoke and Toke are in the area. Lack of law enforcement. I wish I knew then what I know now about the no-man's-land my family and I inhabit. I might have actually thought about where we were going to live.

No comments: