It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-09

Home Conversation

The other night Nat said to Elle, clad only in her underwear, "Where are your pants?!?" I'm not sure if she ever got a straight answer, but it came down to Elle needed to change. That lead to a discussion about toilet habits. Which lead to a conversation about washing cloths. Which lead to the rules changing a bit. Which lead to a crying fit. Which lead to Elle getting grounded, or maybe not. I lost track somewhere in the middle.

Elle is getting to the point where she talks back. She is four going on sixteen. We have kept Elle at home more in order to prevent this sort of thing. I've noticed Elle is much more attentive when we have these discussions with her these days. I have also noticed she no longer just falls down and shouts every grandparent name she has ever heard while crying and refusing to listen. this policy is paying off for us. I'm glad the grandparents are understanding.

I wish Ted (Elle's father) had more time with her. He is off defending our country in Iraq at the moment. I'm glad Ted's dad keeps the memories fresh, but it just isn't the same thing by a long shot. It is very important to me that Ted remain a solid part of her life.

No comments: