It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-03

Harry Potter

I'm right smack in the middle of Deathly Hallows. No one ruin the book for me. This past Tuesday the Writer's Almanac did a write up on JK Rolling. It was pretty cool to hear the inspiration for writing a book about a boy wizard who goes to a school for witches and wizards.


Rowling got the idea for the Harry Potter books on a four-hour journey by train across England. The train was stopped somewhere between Manchester and London when Rowland looked out at a field of cows and suddenly got the idea for a story about a boy who goes to a school for wizardry. She later said, "Harry Potter just strolled into my head fully formed." By the time the train ride was finished, she had already invented most of the books' major characters and mapped out many of the main plot points.


This is cool stuff. I listen to the Writer's Almanac every chance I get. I need to find that weekly radio show done by the same guy. I hope they have some kind of podcast. They finally did an author I've read. =]

No comments: