It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-24

Glasses

I've decided I need bifocals again. I'm constantly flipping glasses around at work. When I ware contacts I still need to use glasses for up close and computer stuff. It is getting annoying. I do not really have a prescription for bifocals right now. I'm going to look at my old glasses and figure out what numbers I need to put down.

Contacts are annoying and expensive. I can see a little bit better with contacts. That only lasts for a while. After waring them for a couple of hours they start getting dry or out of focus. They get on my nerves. They are a real hassle at Faire. You can't wash your ands properly and the dust is like a plague. Sometimes the smoke hangs in the air and just stifles life. I wish I had some satellite views of the cloud that camp ground must generate some evenings. That and if something happens in the middle of the night, and it does on occasion out there, you don't have your contacts in to bludgeon the correct person in the dark. I would probably still ware contacts in the park if I'm in costume.

For day to day living I think bifocal glasses work just a bit better as long as I have peripheral vision and the bifocal part is not so strong that it makes me trip over stuff. I've worn bifocals most of my life. I had a kid call me four-eyes in middle school and I corrected him "It's six-eyes Stupid." No one was impressed.

I looked at some frames and I noticed I like the thicker frames these days. Not hugely thick. Just more than wire. I'm in to black as a color option. I hope the lenses are not too crazy thick. That fact will keep me from buying too large a diameter lens. It will affect how much I ware the glasses too. I'm vane, I admit it.

No comments: