It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-14

Ginger Nut

I had no idea red-heads were so discriminated against in England. It is no wonder the red-headed status of the Weasley family made such a huge difference in the Harry Potter books. I wish I knew about the treatment of my follicly brethren before finishing the entire series. It would have made the incessant harassment of the kids make more sense.

There is a movement in England to make it the same level of 'wrong' to use hair color as a slur as it is for a racial slur. They keep talking about banning words like n**** and bitch. Are they going to ban ginger or ginger nut? The sane voices that say the sentiment is what needs to go are left in the cold. How do you ban an idea? If you figure that out, start with Jihad, please.

No comments: