It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-20

Austin

I forgot how much I like Austin. I took time to walk around in a neighborhood. I wasn't in a very good mood and yet I enjoyed the walk. It was hot, but not stifling. It was sunny, but the sky was blue. The grass was green. I was not the only person walking on the sidewalk. There were sidewalks. People were using the bicycle lanes. There were still asshole drivers passing in a no passing lanes,  but there was a sidewalk so I was not really in danger. The bicycle lane was wide enough to allow the bicyclist mother stay outside her daughter who was next to the curb and still allow room for said asshole to zoom by without causing a pedestrian pile up. There are hills. I miss hills. I've never lived where there are hills, but I miss them for some reason. There are not as many trees as Houston, but the many trees that are there are healthy and don't look like drown rats. Austin was not built on a swamp. The dirt is dirt and not pollution reinforced smelly muck. People stopped at the stop signs for the most part.

I need to find a job in Austin. I need to get Holly to move the company to Austin or somewhere in the Hill Country of Texas. That shouldn't be that hard. Even the folks from other areas agree Austin is better than Houston on the vast majority of fronts. I wonder if we can move TRF closer to Austin. Bah! There are plenty of fairs out that way already. I'd like to know the results of a real "let's move the company" vote.

No comments: