It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-09

I wrote this last Friday. I'm only now putting it up due to extreme laziness

Security Terms

It creeps me out that so many officials are now referring to the U. S. as "The Homeland". It just reminds me of "The Fatherland" from pre-WWII Germany. This comes from the office of homeland security. Someone should have come up with a better name for that governmental over-lord-sight group.

Podcasting

Well, It kind of works. I had to use gpodder. It was the only thing available on yum and I was completely out of gas when I trid to get things working. There is a reason for being out of gas. I have a thing going on at work that is killing me. It is trying to get wxWidgets working on RHEL4. Someone else at the office got it to work with ease. Of course, he is a genius. I'm about to just say forget it and install a whole different operating system on the computer just to get wxWidgets working.

I'm so happy I got the podcasting stuff even kind of working. I missed my BBC terribly. I have felt out of touch for the last year. I wish five live would just record several hours of the live show and simply make it available as best as possible. I wish normal internet radio stations did the same thing. Music would end up being much larger, but USB drives are cheap these days.

One problem I'm running in to is that a bunch of the podcasting community has gone to video and didn't inform me. I'm not sure I can get MP4 files to work on Linux. I'm sure there is something via hook or crook that I can find.

No comments: