It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-07-17

Dark Matter (again, I know ...)

I am really upset by the whole concept of dark matter. The numbers don't match up so a really smart nerd said something like "Well, a bunch of extra matter floating around would do the trick." So the dark matter theory was born.

In other words, someone pulled the theory out of their ass and it stuck.

If any constant factor is not actually a constant, the balance of the universe would suddenly snap back to zero. If time, space, the speed of light, or the ratio of energy to matter (e=mc2) is not a constant then the numbers could be massaged back to 0 (balance). The trouble with science is that it depends on proven things to prove other things. It is a bit like jinga. Except, you are stacking the blocks on top while people like me are pulling the lower blocks out from under you. Well, I'm just complain. I wish someone who was smart would prove it and let me be smug for a while.

I'm watching a show called "Dark Storm". It is about a military group of scientists who use pressurized dark matter to destroy things on the surface of the Earth. Their satellite leaks. The head scientist guy gets supper dark matter powers. You get the idea.

The scary thing is, the producers are about as close as any real science is to coming across dark matter.

Well, It seems the real scientists got the idea and now they are talking dark energy. Same song different verse. This is apparently to make up for the fact that you cannot see any dark matter floating around.

Then there are the multiple universe theories. Just keep adding dimensions until you obfuscate any of those pesky numerical anomalies.

OK, ok, I'm done. Carry on.

No comments: