It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-03-19

Bullet Points of My Recent Life
People wonder how I know so many stupid facts. I like Cliff Calvin on Cheerer's. I'm observant, but not on things that matter. Nat says she has seen women hit on me and I paid no attention because I just plane missed it. Better that way I suppose for a married guy. I could have used a hint or two in my younger days.

When I send pictures i take on my phone to the gallery on T-Mobile they come out 400 by 300 something. For some reason the web page seems to shoot them down a bit. They look a big blurry too. When I email them to myself, they look better and are the native 640x480. I don't think they show up in my gallery if I email them. They are stored somewhere on the web though because the emails only have links, not the attached pictures. Which makes me think I better go ahead and copy them out of the email in case they disappear from the www in a given amount of time.
Basically, they are crappy pictures. They look choppy like they have been rendered up from a lower resolution. They are a bit over compressed. The camera part of the phone must be smaller than the end of my pinkie. The upgraded model of the phone has a 1268x1024 camera (1.3 mega pixel) that fits the same footprint. That is James Bond kind of stuff. Imagine what tools Bond would have to use today to keep up with the Joneses of international intrigue.

Lance came through with a lanyard. I'm appeased for the moment. It works like a champ. He got it from his Wii game system. There was a recall on the lanyards so he had a couple laying around. Thanks man.

Microsoft has a control panel in Vista called something like Mobile Device Control Center or something. I've noticed instructions for it floating around. I frigging hate that because it means that independent developers will rely on that control panel and not write better interfaces. If they don't write them for Windows, they won't filter to Linux.I hate to admit it, but that is the way it seems to work these days. I'm looking for phone software that will let me sync my phones through bluetooth or USB and there is just plane nothing out there that I've gotten to work yet. Now, I know why. MS has squelched creativity.

We didn't do anything special for St Patric's day. We went over to A&L's house and ate dinner with their family. That was a lot of fun. We are all parents now. That is so funny. We told stories of the apartment that Adam, Ethan and I shared for a while as we were all coming of age. Adam's mom was introduced to Jägermeister. That is a story in itself. Cathy (Ethan's wife) commented "Jägermeister is usually the last thing you remember drinking." Too true.
We watched a DVD from Susan. It had some video and many pictures on it. She made it herself, but the DVD had some play back issues. I've noticed that on home-burned DVDs.The videos were very cute. They live in Alaska. The kids are hyper because they are trapped inside so much during the winter. Adam narrated. It was informative.
Adam also made home made ice-cream. It had the consistency of a stout shake. It was very rich. It was also very good.  couldn't eat more than a scoop or two. I believe he served it via a ladle.
We hadn't hung out with A&L in too long. I talk to Adam at work all the time now. It doesn't feel the same at all. That is work stuff.

1 comment:

heaven said...

You can also use a badge holder to complement your camera. Have it personalized to your preference. :D