It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-01-22

Will it help me with my web surfing?

"There are always those who are willing to take things one step further than others. A group of guys known as OC Team Italy is one of them. They recently pushed an Intel Pentium 4 631 to over 8000MHz using an ASUS P5B with modified voltage regulation and liquid nitrogen. Overclocking is cool and all, but this extends beyond what some would perhaps call useful. Still a milestone though."

It used to be so cool when someone would get a chip to go some screwy-fast speed. This time they double the going rate of 4 GHz and I just don't care. Computers are not about speed so much as can it help me do my homework faster and better? Or, can I play games on it without skipping? They will pretty much all play moves and music. They will all play You tube videos. They will all pretty much do anything with a spreadsheet or email or PowerPoint or most any other office task. Some computers will still not play all the games, but who cares. They do most of the stuff. And they don't need 8 GHz to get it done.

No comments: