It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-01-11

Crippling listening
I listen to NPR in the mornings on the way in to work. Sometimes I keep listening while I start my morning. It ends at like 09:30 or so. The station 90.7 I think it is goes to classical music at that time. I search through the channels until I hear news or music that I like. that is hard to find in this town. I have landed on this other station that plays a show called Democracy Now. I've heard of this before. it is a leftist (as in pinko liberals) show that sits there and attacks Bush for a couple of hours. I have heard conservative blogs say the liberal media really has it in for Bush and will never let up. The conservatives are right (no pun intended) on this count. I heard the current president of the United States called a "criminal", "insane" and worse about ten times each in ten minutes. I don't mind bias really. That is what freedom of speech is all about. They had no basis for their hatred. They were not stating facts. They were just complaining and spouting allegations.
Democracy Now was interviewing some soldier in Iraq who was clearly not pleased with his situation. He spoke of a friend who was hit in the face with a sniper's bullet. No one could fire back because no one knew where the shot came from. I hate to say it, but that is a fact of war. The things he complained about sounded like the same things every one complains about in a war zone. You know, "We are getting shot at and no one wants us here." Well, I'm glad you and your fighting buddies are over there defending my right to speak and warship freely here in the States. I wanted to call in and thank him for his fighting efforts regardless of his signing some petition saying the U. S. needs to abandon Iraq. They don't air opposing opinion though.
I just can't take the rhetoric for long. They only aim at people who blindly hate the establishment. There seems to be a large group of people in our midst who need a cause to fight. They pick the government because that is the closest authority. You can't sue God. You can't complain about religions cranking out terrorists. You have to respect all opinions. No, you just have to tolerate other opinions. You do not have to respect them. It is funny that the very group that spouts off about intolerance every time some known terrorist has a toe stepped on are the first to prevent opposing points of view.
It is no wonder there is a long list of people who are willing to blow themselves up for cause. They must have had do listen to modern radio or something.

No comments: