It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-09

written 2006-11-08
Sick

How does one know one is really sick? I have no idea where the line falls. I am sick. Here is how I know.
Symptoms
# Cold to the point of shivering while simultaneously sweating. This includes crawling under the covers, feeling cold, shivering and waking up in a pool of sweat.
# Shakes. Different from shivering. This is the muscles or nerves not getting all they need to keep going. The body is using reserves to fight what ever infection you have gotten.
# Grey vision. Same as the muscles above. Everything looks a bit milky and you notice has around stuff. See second bullet.
# Tired. All you want to do is go to sleep. For good reason. This devotes much of the body's resources to fighting the infection.
# Problems digesting. I try to only eat bland foods when I'm sick because they seem to take more energy to digest and thus cause trouble.
# Full. Even when you are starving you eat one or two bites of food and you are full. Some people are like this all the time, but not me normally.
Yesterday, I went home early from work. I was starving so I took out the bread, lunch meat, mayo. ... for a hardy lunch. I spotted a banana and ate it first. It filled me up. I drank two glasses of the best orange juice I've had in my life and then went to bed. When Nat got home with Elle, I got up for a bit. griped about the home owner's association then went back to bed. Nat brought me some home made soup from Grandma, but it just didn't taste right. I'll try it again when I'm not sick.
# Coughing. This is normal for me. I live in Houston.
# Back pain. It must take a good deal of energy to produce the lubricant between joints because every time I really get sick I get a stiff neck or back. It has to be the whole resource thing again.
# Irritability. Well, duh! Have your read the above symptoms? That would make any one pissed off at the world.
# Freezing cold hands and feet, hot head.
Thank God
Thank God I'm not nauseous or sick to my stomach. I can deal with the other end a bit easier. I'm am down for the count when I get nauseous. Just forget it. Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: