It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-22

Stupidity
I listened to a song today by Queen called "The Miracle". It is about feeding the hungry, world peace and an end to war.  Well, lets see., if there were no people on the planet, there would be no hunger (among people any way) or war. The plants and animals would go back to eating each other for food. The planet wouldn't care, I'm sure. I've said it many times that if i had it in my power, I would cleanse the planet of the scourge of mankind. We are really messing things up for the rest of life.
It is a stupid song. It is a stupid want. The very idea of losing the thing that makes us survive is just plane silly. Think about it. If we were not competitive, we would have never succeeded in nature.

Liberal Fallacy

If one person is more successful than another, then the successful person must be doing something wrong to be succeeding.
How many revolutions have started with the slater of the proletariat? "I'm sick of rich people having everything. I'm being oppressed. Get-em. Redistribute the wealth." Of course, without an elite class making the decisions, you get China. Which, has an elite class.
"I'm busting my ass and all those people above me must be cheating somehow or they wouldn't be so far ahead of me. Any one behind me just needs a leg up to be here."

Conservative Fallacy
There is something wrong with unsuccessful people, or they made bad decisions along the way.
Every society eventually separates into classes. It is human and indeed animal nature. There is nothing wrong with those at the bottom. They are simply living where and how they can. I'm thinking of the "trickle down" economics and "Are there no work houses?" mentality.
"I'm busting my ass and any one who isn't at least as far along as I am must be screwed up. Any one ahead of me is an example to follow to achieve the same advancement."

They are both wrong
So, what's right? Well, we all compete for resources. We compete amongst ourselves and we compete against the cockroach. There is no way to win either fight. There will never be unlimited resources and we will never eradicate pests like the cockroach.
People develop means of justifying their competitiveness. Competition is a good thing. It is necessary for survival. It is what keeps us going. If a person looses competitiveness, they fall away and someone who is competitive takes their spot.
Right now the U. S. seem to have a pretty good balance between points of view, but it doesn't seem to me that there is much difference between the two main parties. I just don't care what they have to say any more. They all bore me. It won't be until I have a stake in something that I will care. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who feels this way when I look at the vote turn out numbers.

Me
I've never been the competitive type of person. That is because I got the shit knocked out of me at every turn when I was a kid. I really succeeded at anything worth while. I sucked at ball type sports. I always had poor endurance. I'm not very coordinated. I'm not smart really and I am not a good thinker on my feet. Being competitive never worked out for me.
Now, I am a grown adult and this lack of fighting skill is causing me no end of trouble. I do not have the killer instinct so I have a hard time sticking up for what I believe in. There are times I should plant my heals and not give ground. I generally just don't put up a fight.
I do not know the solution. I have no answer. I am middle of the road conservative/liberal. I think there is something wrong with every one regardless who or where they are on some scale.
There for, I do not perceive either liberal or conservative thinking as "broken" enough to get upset about. So, when the Democrats beat the Republicans or vice versa, I just don't care, as long as there is still some competitive nature to the fight. I want them at each other's throats. let the people who give a shit keep each other in line.
I wonder how many people like me there are out there. We are not non-voters. We are passive voters. Just don't piss us off. We might pry our asses off the couch and do something about the situation.

3 comments:

Bruce Larson*Moore said...

The third choice is to embrace truth, which is the natural condition of cooperation and tolerance throughout the universe, this is the answer and the solution to the Realization of World*Peace you seek.

how do i*know, because its what i*do.

it has never failed before, as that's how things*work.

The creative process:

Phase 1-Manifestation
Phase 2-Implementation
Phase 3-Realization

natural competitive cooperation and tolerance, had been working fine on this planet, up to the introduction of human civilization, which promoted the development of illusion, fear and the art of war.

As by design it is now failing and will out of necessity need to promote a return to the natural state of L.esson, O.pportunity, V.ariety and E.volution, the support and reality of Truth.

This is of course bringing about World*Peace.
These things take time and you will soon see that its worth doing right.

The Last*War

BL*M

zhsy00001 said...

It appears the person above found my site by typing in the words "world peace" on blogger's search engine. This frightens me. I went to the link and it is a site that promotes the very thing I'm condemning. At least, it feels that way to me.

You know, I have to type in the crypto word thing to leave a comment on my own blog. Too funny.

Bruce Larson*Moore said...

"This frightens me. I went to the link and it is a site that promotes the very thing I'm condemning."

Fear, holds a tight grip on one who condems, others.

Fear*Not for i*shall not return, unless invited, as i*am of no desire to change your*path.

best of luck.

BL*M

PS - nice graphic on your profile.
also blogger gives you the ability to block any user you may choose from commenting on your site.