It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-15

Sick Still
Well, I went to the doctor. Nat just made me an appointment. I was thinking of going anyway. By the time you get the congestion in you lungs, you pretty much need to go to the doctor. I get there. He takes one listen to my chest and says "you need a breathing treatment." I've seen people do these things. Nat's mom has to do them all the time. Heath's mom needs them too. Julie did one once while I was around. She said my being there made her feel weak. Fucking drama queen. Anyway, I have  an inhaler. I'm supposed to take two puffs every six hours.I would have thought all this would make me feel like some kind of vegetable, but I don't. It just seems like something that was going to happen anyway. I've always had weak lungs. Even as a kid I had pneumonia and the like.
Nat is really being a trooper and running all over town getting stuff while I work. She is sick too. What a gal. She was up most of the night because of coughing fits - poor thing. Here she is taking care of the family.
Elle has some of the same stuff as Nat and I. She is the kid who runs around with a 105 fever wondering why all the adults are trying to slow her down. Elle is the one in the best shape at the moment.
I have no more sick leave. I only got four days of sick leave this year. I'm the new guy. It is difficult to stretch that out. Maybe when I was younger, but not these days.

People I've know who have had breathing trouble.
# Nat
# Me
# Nat's mom
# Nat's other mom
# Heath's mom
# Dizzy (Christel)
# Julie
# Dawn (Queen of hearts)
# Jena (X-wife)
# Geana (X-girlfriend)
# Probably a dozen kids in school none of who's names I can remember.

Old codger scale:
# Gripe about modern music and how much better it was when I was a kid.
# Gripe about always being sick.
# Gripe about modern cars.
# Gripe about trends in cloths.
# Gripe about trends in software.
# Gripe about the keyboards on phones being too small for my pudgy fingers.
# Gripe about the path Apple took with the iPod and how the DRM world is killing entertainment.
# Gripe about my pill organizer.
# "You just can't find good walking sticks these days."
Yup, I'm an old codger.

No comments: