It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-01

Realization
I was talking to a friend this morning about camping. She went through a recent break up and found herself without someone to go camping with. She was still headed out. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I would not have much fun camping alone. I notice people doing it all the time at faire. You find these little land pimples (small bump shaped tents) off in the distance  I'm just not into that sort of thing. I need the kinship. That is why I go to faire in the first place. It is not the camping, the faire itself, or the time away from home. It is the people we hang out with.
Nat has had that connection for over ten years. This group of folks have been hanging out at faire for longer than that. It has a village mentality and feel. I hadn't put my finger on it until now. They are my village, my extended family. I miss them when they cannot make it. I feel bad when I cannot make it. I'm glad to help out. I feel territorial when I'm there. We have a different chunk of ground pretty much every time we go and yet I feel like defending it some way. When we are not there, I could care less.
. . .
I really need to learn how to fold up a tent.

No comments: