It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-27

Online TV

The ICM poll of 2,070 people for the BBC found that some 43 percent of Britons who watch video from the Internet or on a mobile device at least once a week said they watched less traditional TV as a result.
...
Online and mobile video is far more popular among the young, with 28 percent of those aged 16-24 saying they watched more than once each week. That figure fell to just 4 percent among over 45s.
...
But the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are planning to offer most of their shows on demand on the Internet from the end of this year or the start of 2007.

I really like the idea. I noticed the network that hosted "Lost" also offered episodes of that show online. I can't wait to watch stuff on the the net. When it comes to paying, I do not want to pay a monthly fee. I want to just pay for what I use. I'm not going to hold my breath. The networks think they have some kind of lock on TV, but they will find themselves loosing shows to online distribution if they don't watch it.

No comments: