It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-11-12

Got Milk?
So, what is the worse thing you can spill on a computer? Well there are caustic chemicals that dissolve solder or plastic right off. That sounds like something pretty bad to spill on a box. They are not just lying about the house that I'm aware. One of the most dangerous things to poor across the circuit board is milk. Blood is pretty bad too, and for the same reason. Milk is sticky and conductive. You can't clean it out of cracks. It causes things to ground and short circuits.
So, I'm drinking a glass of chocolate milk last night. I have it sitting on the computer table. I knock it over. It dumps over my server sitting on the floor. I clean it up. I double check the box and it doesn't look like any got to any vital spots. I double check again. Nope. Looks good. I go off my merry way to bed. Remember, I'm sick as a dog. Fever, cough, sinuses ... The whole bit.
I get up the next morning. I walk in to my computer. I sit down. ... .... ... no internet? I check the network. No network. I can't tell if the server is working or not because the keyboard was covered in milk and thus destroyed. I shut it off and plaid for a couple of minutes with Elle. Then I watched some TV. Then I came back.
Step one. Reboot everything. Well, what do you know my primary computer will not come up. It seems to lock up on "cups". While I'm trying to remember how to log in via single user mode and remove the cups service, that I don't use, it moves on to some other steps in the process of booting up. hmmmm. It is just taking a while. After all is said and done, it finally boots. A bunch of services just had to time out and make my headache worse.
Everything turned out all right so far. I'm sure I'll wine about things more if they go a stray.

No comments: