It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-12

Video in Linux
Well, I got the video off the camera on to the hard drive. It took some doing. It really pisses me off when I have to run programs as root just so they can work. Even when you set the privileges to world read and write on the proper dev directory, the sub directories created when you plug in the device have whatever privileges that the scripts and programs give them. You would have to hunt them all down one by one and make them work correctly. Or, run the damn capture program as root. Bastards.
I'm going to export it to several different file types to determine which will work best for the web. I'm then going to pair it down a bit. It is like thirty minutes long and could be five. I hope to have all of this done by the end of the week free time allowing.

No comments: