It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-06-01

Hurricane Season
Today is the first day of hurricane season. It has been a rainy stormy day. The clouds looked strange from my sixth floor vantage. I wonder how to tell how many miles inland we live, as the crow flies. There has to be a way to tell. All these map web pages calculate travel distance, not really line distance. The rain makes me worry about flooding. All the years I've lived in Houston, I've never had a house or home flood. We have had some close calls. We had water get into the front room of one of my parent's houses, but that was more to do with no caulking around the glass and blowing rain. I prey my blessing holds true for this house. Nat says there was some minor street flooding around the corner, but nothing noticeable around our house. You cannot win against the weather and mother nature, but you can take the draw.

Bugs
Nat hollered just a minute ago about a huge roach crawling under a chair. I went out to the garage and got the Ortho stuff that I bought at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. it is the indoor "home defense" stuff. It has the coolest sprayer handle. Anyway, I was reading the instructions on how to put it together when the roach crawled back out from under the chair. The closest thing at hand was the huge bottle of bug killer. That stuff works great. Even when you haven't hooked it together yet.
I wish the bugs at work were so easy to spot and kill. They are of the hardware/software variety. I may have to suggest the nifty squirt guns though.
We need better insulation around the doors. That is something else on the list. The never ending list of crap that we need.

Knee
I was walking around the back yard in the dark the other night and tripped over my own feet. I hurt my knee. It hs been a learning experience. This is how people get old. You hurt your knee and now when you take right turns while walking, you just might fall to the floor in pretzeled agony. I've been limping around the office for a couple of days and only two people have asked what the heck is going on. It is really making me feel like a geezer. I tried to put some stuff up in the attic Wednesday and agitated it. Get a house and get old.

No comments: