It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-12-22

Day
I had a pretty good day today. I got some things done at work. Elle seemed to be in a good mood. Nat acts like she feels better than the last couple of days. I'm still sick. Nat put the angle on top of the tree. She just commented that really is starting to feel like Christmas around here. Between the tree, the presents and the wall covered in Christmas cards I suppose she is right. It feels good.
I spoke with Jenny over IM and we reminisced about past Christmases and many hot pans of Rice Crispy Treats. Those were the days you had to make them yourself. No one had thought of packaging them yet.
It is cool weather, but it is supposed to warm over the weekend. Christmas day is supposed to be even warmer. I can't wait to watch Elle open presents. It is too bad that Nat and I are so broke. We are not going to be able to buy nice gifts for every one. I know that is not what the day is all about, but it kind of hurts to be so broke at Christmas time.
I have some other friends who just got back from the Caribbean. They seemed to have fun.
Another couple are headed to Oregon to visit the family. They always have fun up there.
Most of the folks at my work are taking tomorrow and the remainder of the year off. It is just going to be us contractors next week.  A buddy's company takes the whole week off and doesn't count it as a week of vacation. In years past I've used this week to work on programming projects. I don't have much this year. Hopefully the transition I undergo soon will change that. I imagine I will get my time sheet filled out tomorrow and start looking for people to talk business too until the day is over. Sometimes, a direct will come by and say we can leave around 1:30 or so. Not too shabby.
It really seems like it was Thanksgiving last week. The Faire seems to have made the weekends feel shorter. Now, I have to find things to fill my time. The blog does wonders. I read current events like mad. I need to mark down all the blogs I frequent and put them in one spot. That might kill a couple of hours.
I need to go blow my nose and load up on drugs. Someone leave a comment for God's sake. Start a conversation.

No comments: