It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-11-14

Work
First day back to work in a while. It has been over a week. I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I only had a couple of voice mails and a couple of dozen emails. Most of them were junk anyway. I only missed one kind of important meeting. The vacation was good for me. I definitely feel like my batteries have been recharged.

Nat

Poor Nat is feeling all the stress of the wedding. She is under the weather. I've heard from friends that this is normal. Women seem to take a hit to the health after something that stressful. Men do too, but weddings are just not as stressful on men as it is women.

SuSe
I installed SuSe on a spare hard drive.  I got everything set up. I figured out where the HTTP server was and got it up and running. I figured out how to get the login to stop defaulting to  a user and let me log in properly. I even figured out how to set the static IP as I need. Then, something happened to the USB and I lost the mouse and keyboard. It would not let me log in at all. I could hit the keys just fine in the BI/OS to get to the login. I could hit control alt delete to make the machine reboot. I re-installed the OS on the update setting and nothing. I tried resetting the keyboard and mouse in the BI/OS. I tried running the recovery thing on the DVD. Nothing.  I had to start from scratch. I love the complete lack of accessibility in SuSe. Frigging Kraut OS.
I could not get Apache to work in Ubuntu. Apparently, I'm the only one in the world who has had problems. Ubuntu would not play MP3s either. I can't figure out how to get any of the video co-dec systems to work. All the screen shots of Linux show some movie playing in the background that terns out to be straight from a DVD or the like. This whole Linux for the desktop thing is a bunch of crap.
OK, I'm just grumpy. I'll keep trying.

No comments: