It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-05-16

News Week Commits Murder

DiRita "exploded" when Newsweek informed him that one of the original sources behind the report had partially backed off the story, the magazine said.
"People are dead because of what this son of a bitch said," DiRita told Newsweek, according to the magazine's report. "How could he be credible now?"
...
"If you read the al Qaeda training manual, they are trained to make allegations against the infidels," Army Col. Brad Blackner told Newsweek.

How do you like that inaccurate headline you eye-grabbing, fact-not-checking loosers?!? Check your facts. Stop relying on third person hearsay.
You know, those people who died were Muslims. Why are the clerics not blowing a gasket over this? (oops, they are)

Putting Elle Down
Elle is in mid transition. She has her own room now and we are trying to get her comfortable with sleeping alone. Natalie lived in a two bedroom apartment with another family. She had only one room to herself and Elle. Elly got very used to having Nat there when she went to sleep. We have had at least one night of no sleep from Elle throwing a fit. It has been a learning experience trying to get Elle to convert. The gate did not work. Elle will sit there screaming and pounding on the gate. She is claustrophobic. The feeling of not being able to get out of the room is enough to make her irrationally try to escape. Confronting her directly doesn't work because once she starts crying the act of crying is self perpetuating. She doesn't even know why she is crying. There is no negative reinforcement (it used to be spanking, but you can't do that any more) so she won't break the crying cycle. If you only use positive reinforcement then throwing a fit pays off. Have you tried negotiating with a two year old?
Elle gets upset when it is bed time. I've noticed if I don't say any of the typical bed time words like bed, sleep, night-night ,or any of the like, things go much more smoothly. Last night Nat walked by the door while I was going through the motions and said something with the word "bed" in it. Elle started to cry. We had to start over again.
The procedure changes every night. Usually, I get her to sit on her bed and try to read her a story. I pat her stomach or back. She always refuses the covers at first. I have to wait for her to nod off before pulling them up. When her eyes are shut, she is still awake. If I get up she will get up and cry as I leave. I let her get groggy and nod off a bit then as I get up I say "I'm going to lay down right here" and point at the floor. Then I lay down and act like I'm going to sleep. I lay there listening to her breathing. I also curse every noise that comes from the apartment above us or the parking lot. Her breathing will change several times. It will get a bit heavier. Not yet. It will lengthen. Not yet. It will become more rhythmic. Not yet. She will suck in a gasp. Not yet. It will level off somehow. Not a snore, more of a balanced pattern. Now. I slowly raise myself up. I quietly bring myself to my feet. Stop. keep listening. Same pattern. slowly, don't trip on anything, don't kick anything, tiptoe out of the room. Leave the door open a crack. Our little child out of sight. Prey for her to be safe tonight.

No comments: