It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-05-19

Local Terrorists
  Violent animal rights extremists and eco-terrorists now pose one of the most serious terrorism threats to the nation, top federal law enforcement officials say.
Senior officials from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms (ATF) and Explosives told a Senate panel Wednesday of their growing concern over these groups.
Of particular concern are the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF).
John Lewis, the FBI's deputy assistant director for counterterrorism, said animal and environmental rights extremists have claimed credit for more than 1,200 criminal incidents since 1990. The FBI has 150 pending investigations associated with animal rights or eco-terrorist activities, and ATF officials say they have opened 58 investigations in the past six years related to violence attributed to the ELF and ALF.
 
I'm glad mainstream media is finally calling these people terrorists. They have been around for a long time. That doesn't make what they are doing right. If I don't like a law, if I don't like what my government is doing, I cannot be aloud to put people's lives unnecessarily at risk to get my point across. I must work from within the system. That is the whole point behind a government. They allow an existing set of rules to be applied and must allow for changes to those rules as based on need of the society.

Adam's Opinion on Sith
  Great movie. It kind of pisses me off. It seams ole George Lucas *did* still have the ability to write a good movie after all. After the last two stinkers I just wrote off my fascination to the original Star Wars as youth and nostalgia. Instead, after seeing a movie that recaptures most of the elements of the first three movies, I know its not just youth that excited me about the films.
The guy that plays the Emperor steals the show. He is the bomb.
 

Song
Artist James McMurtry
Song: Safe Side
Album: Candyland

No comments: