It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-05-02

Facts
I moved in with my girlfriend. Well, we moved in together.
Move
The move went pretty well but, hopefully, that is almost over. We were moving on short notice. Everything seems to have belly-flopped. The new apartment is nice. It isn't just bigger, it is far superior.  I am sore in places that shouldn't be sore. I had my first diaper disaster. My parent's helped out much. I had to move an old ratty entertainment center down the stirs by myself  It weighs a ton. It s easy to get heavy stuff down the stairs when you just mean to throw it away regardless. I was strongly tempted to set up a camera and cart-wheel it down the stairs just to count the pieces at the bottom.
Sleep
Elle decided she wanted to stay up all night and play. Mostly she cried and beat on things. Nat and I got about a half hour sleep. I've learned that two year olds have an irrational fear of bedtime. I've also learned that you can't let the kid run the show. You have to be the one in charge. Two year olds may know some words, but they cannot communicate. You can only give them orders and take their abuse. This isn't really true. It is an observation. What is really going on, is they are trying to learn how to rationalize and communicate.

Note
The move is why the server is down. No DSL. The move is why I'm not on IM or answering emails very quickly. Worry not.

No comments: