It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-01-02

What is Osama Saying?
This link leads to a Winds of Change blog entry that runs through, in depth, the recent writings of Osama bin Laden. It is a long article. I would have never read this in the past. Now that I have software that reads to me, I find myself completing the long articles. I'm not going to attempt to quote any of this. The author, Dan Darling, does a great job. He has really done some homework here.
Something I learned in this article that isn't about bin Laden; "Romanized" means how you spell an Arabic name in the west. (Definition 3)

Phone
I spent like $30 (less than the price of one battery) for two batteries and a desk charger, on that eBay site. I hope I don't get screwed. I'm being all paranoid about it. I tis not so much as to break me. However, my lingering opinion of eBay and small business on the net hinges on this sale. If I do get ripped off, I at least hope I can bad mouth the person I'm buying from. I'll have to learn how that rating system works and get a bunch of my friends to bad mouth him too. That is against the rules, I'm sure, but I'll do it if they piss me off.
This is a flip phone (Samsung's site is slow). I swear, I've been practicing opening it without hitting the screen with my thumbnail. I sit here and play with the phone trying different angles and entry points. This thing doesn't have a grip of any kind to open the phone. Clearly, you are to use your thumbnail to edge the phone open if not two hands. The only thing I have come up with is tho run my thumb under the end of the open end, then pushing open, instead of running up toward the hinge. This is uncomfortable and makes me feel like I'm going to drop the phone. I can run my thumb straight up the edge of the phone until the lid just flips under the pressure. This feels like it is putting too much stress on the hinge or lid. I'm starting to wonder why there is not a triggering mechanism to flip the phone. Those industrious and imaginative Japanese usually have thought of everything.

The Grudge
Observations
If I ever come across a pool of "something" on the floor, I don't stick my hand it it. This happens allot on the X-Files and a bunch of other flicks too.
Lots of shinny phones and fancy flat panels. They all use answering machines. I thought voice mail was the rage now. Voice mail is not theatrical enough I suppose.
How do you dial 911 in Japan? It's 999 in Britain, or is it England?
The cop has the right idea. He should have acted on it without question. He who hesitates is drown in a bathtub.
Opinion
"eh". Not very scary. They rely on startling the audience. That doesn't work on me as well as it did when I was ten. Lame ending.

Abbas

The violence, a week before Palestinians elect a successor to Yasser Arafat (news - web sites), posed a particular challenge to Abbas, the poll's frontrunner, who has called for an end to bloodshed but also promised not to abandon militants wanted by Israel.
"We will not be broken," Abbas told thousands of Palestinians as he stood hundreds of meters from the site of the Israeli raid while campaigning in northern Gaza on Sunday.
Courting the support of militants, Abbas told another crowd in central Gaza:
"We say to our brothers -- the fighters, the fugitives -- we will not rest until they enjoy safety and security and a dignified life, and live in their homeland in full freedom."
In an interview with Reuters on Saturday, Abbas said that rocket attacks were counterproductive because they drew strong retaliation. Militants vowed to continue them.
"It is true that there are some issues regarding rockets, which are useless, but in return there is a grave, a very grave Israeli escalation," Abbas said.

The Palestinian Militants (terrorists) want it to look like they are running Israel out of the Palestinian Territories under fire. That way, they can say "We won." Israel says they will withdraw just before elections. Abbas has all but won the election. Trust me he is a two faced jerk, just like Arafat. The UN and the world love him for some reason.
Hopefully, the UN is on it's way out. I would love to see the UN be disbanded. I think it has out-lived its purpose. Is Palestine a country? No. Is Palestine a state inside Israel? No. It is a territory. Kind of like

No comments: