It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-01-08

Question
Why do people do the things they do? Why do I still, to this day, have to stop myself from looking straight into a flashlight when I turn it on?

Mardi Gras
Man, I misspelled Mardi Gras as "Martigraw". Talk about getting hits. I get three hits a week off that misspelled word. I'm starting to think this may be a cottage industry waiting to happen. Get your page viewed by dyslexic web surfers. our software will make sure your page look misspelled to the search engines, but spelled correctly to the surfers. Of course, I also got a hit today for "free public nudist photos". How the hell did that happen?
There are a bunch of web cams on that site. I'm watching a bunch of cars traverse an intersection. It is still cool to watch a live cam, even when it is just tabbies and cops wandering around. I spoke too soon. Someone just walked by and some one biked by too. This is a pretty happening place at 4:55 AM on a Saturday. HEY! That guy ran the stop sign! I better stop watching. HA! 5:42 AM, the street sweeper went by.

Publicity Stunt
We have some things in common with the middle East. I've seen this kind of crap here in the west, but apparently, Islam does allow for deliberately putting one's self in harms way to make the evening news.

With scant chance of winning the Palestinian presidential elections, Mustafa Barghouti on Friday turned one last time to politics' dark art: the publicity stunt.
Like anywhere, the escapade included a phalanx of invited cameras. But this being the Middle East, there were special effects: the candidate in a taxi, Israeli authorities, and a biblical script - the climax occurring outside the Al Aqsa Mosque compound, the most incendiary platform in all of the region's conflict.
Barghouti, a physician and democracy advocate, has made arrest and detention hallmarks of his campaign. This last lob for attention didn't disappoint. He pledged to pray at the mosque, though Israel barred candidates from campaigning there, then approached the Old City, a video camera rolling from inside the cab.
An Israeli officer halted the taxi and conferred with other police by radio. "What should I do with him?" The reply: "Stop him. Stop him here for the time being." And the expected climax. Barghouti was asked to join the officers in their truck. He protested in English, "You are arresting a presidential candidate," and implored in Arabic, "Somebody get me a rug. If they prevent me from praying in the mosque I want to pray here."
Barghouti, 50, was detained, then released, but not before flashing the V sign and shouting, "Call President Carter." (Jimmy Carter, the former U.S. president, is heading an election monitoring team.)
So went the final day of campaigning to replace Yasser Arafat as head of the Palestinian Authority. The Israelis said Barghouti abused a permit to enter Jerusalem for election meetings. He insisted he was highlighting obstacles to free elections. Most polls put him well behind in Sunday's vote.

This doesn't make me sick. This doesn't even make me bat an eyelash. I just don't care. Really. I'm only posting this here to tell you , that I don't care. It isn't his fault for doing it, it is the people's fault for buying it. If the people of this country, oops, territory fall for this kind of deception, then they get what they deserve.

Woh
The curs of the Simpson's

Phone
Where is my stinking data cable? I can't find any reference to my order. Great. I wonder if it didn't go through. It was $15. Crap. Of course, it is $80 on the T-Mobile page. The ringtones on my phone still suck. The price has not gone down. Hurry up and send me my data cable.
Man, it is nice outside. It is jacket weather. It is sunny and just plane nice. I just went to the mailbox to check on my  data cable. No dice. It isn't going to dampen my day.
I got the extended life batteries. So far, so good. I thought from the picture that they were black. They look just like the other battery, only with a hunch back that prevents them from fitting most of the same cases.

al Qaeda in Boston
(Hat-Tip LGF)
Not that I think Boston is any more immune to terrorism than any where els, but it just struck me as a place NOT brimming with terrorists. However, it seems to be a destination for al Qaeda members sneaking through the Mexico U. S. border. I've heard of that a couple of times. I've been asking, along with every other Texan, "what is to stop ten thousand terrorists from walking into the U. S. from Mexico?"
Another link from Michelle  Malkin.

Abbas
Did I say two-faced. Abbas back-pedals on "Zionist Enemy" comment. This is what we are in for when he takes over. Great, Arafat Jr. That is all the world needs.

Palestinian “moderate” Abu Mazen could give John F. Kerry lessons in flip-flopping; the same day he tells Israeli media he didn’t really mean to call Israel the “Zionist enemy,” he incites a Palestinian crowd with a phrase that deliberately echoes Yasser Arafat’s “millions of martyrs marching to Jerusalem:”


For goodness sake go read that whole entry on LGF.
There is more at Michael J. Totten

Nikon D70
Damn-ti, I need a good camera. This guy got a cool camera and took a bunch of stupid pictures with it. A Nikon D70 is a 6.1 megapixel camera that takes all the cool 35mm lenses for that frame of camera. It also uses most other attachments. I'm a Cannon man, but I want a real camera. One I can take creative pictures with when I want. I want to pay nothing for it and get a gazillion-pixel image. I may have to wait for that one. It isn't the pixel, it is the performance. I just made that up. It is a good thing I'm broke, or the depressing use of that nice camera would make me go get my choice of the moment, the EOS-10D, or the EOS-20D, or the EOS-1D Mark II. Who am I kidding? I would jump at a Rebel. I may have to pick up a Rebel this year. I wonder if I can find one cheap on eBay? (nope =[ )

No comments: