It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-01-19

More on the Office Move
Elevators
We have these interesting elevators in our building. For some reason, the designers didn't opt for the conventional cable driven with big boxes on the roof kind of elevators. We have hydraulic pump driven closets of slowness. They constantly break down. They creek an moan. They vibrate. They feel clunky. I have been on the first floor for years. I haven't had to deal with them for a long time. Now, I'm on the third floor. I have to deal with them. I take the stairs if I can. I checked and my phone works on the elevators. I put the front desk (security) on speed dial, just in case.
Coffee Bars
Coffee is like air because it is required to complete the job. Coffee is unlike air in that people complain about it even when it is pretty good. When we were on the first floor, coffee was down the way and around the corner. Now, the nearest coffee is under lock and key by that department. The next nearest coffee bar is broken with no plans on being fixed. The third bar is in a mysterious end of the building that no one knows what they do. I'm heading down to the first floor for my coffee at the moment. This may become an issue. before too long.
Shelves
I've been running around all morning moving some boxes and helping raid empty offices of their furniture. I had this old six foot wooden bookshelf. It is nice and sturdy. For three years, it sat in my office with a bunch of old VMS documentation sitting on it. In my memory no one ever came by or asked about it. I stuck all the documentation in some cabinets that are bolted to the wall. Now, it is dusty, but empty. The lady moving into my office doesn't want it so I was planning on having it moved up to my new office. I don't really like it. I like the big filing cabinet in Delores' office. Hmmm, she has a wooden desk and would like some nice wooden shelves. "How about a trade?" I ask. Cool. We are both getting our wish. I've been waiting to unpack my boxes until I get something to unpack into.
Printer
The printer is right outside my office. It makes annoying noise, but I usually have my earphones on, so that is no big deal. It does make a laser printer smell every now and again, but I got used to that when I used to work at a print house a million years ago. If it were not for that printer, no one would come within three meters of my door unless they were on their way to talk to me.
Hiding
This room used to be a supply room. I still have the little paper slip that says supply. I cracked a joke this morning that I'm going to hang on to it. I need a button that flips the name tag on the wall and shuts my door on command. I still need to find my notes on how to change my office number in the Outlook phone book thing.

Jib-Jab
These guys made another winner. This Flash Movie is called Second Term. It is funny, but not as funny as the earlier movies that came out during the campaign.

Darth Tater
Darth Tater
I wonder if they mulled over the name "Spud Vader"? This is the gift for the geek who has everything. Here is Darth Tater. Someone at Hasbro has a good sense of humor. This is the kind of thing that sneaks up on you and just makes you smile.

No comments: